- Clean out each desk drawer, to free up even more valuable storage space.
- Clear off the top of your desk, then wipe off the surface of the desktop.
- Keep essential items on your desktop (computer, phone, fax, card file).
- If you work with more than one person create an in box for each person.
- Have a master to-do list for each day at your desk.
- Pre-Sort the mail: To-File, To-Read, To-Contact (write or call).
- Use a variety of containers to organize office supplies, paper clips and pens.
- Use a variety of desktop organizers or trays to organize papers that come across your desk.
- Create a separate drawer for personal paperwork, items, etc.
- Use storage boxes to store dated files.
to read the complete list.